Our Home Décor Criteria
In addition to designer women’s clothing and accessories, North Shore Exchange is looking for donations and consignments of high-end furniture, home décor and antiques.
All merchandise should be clean and, at most, gently used. Furniture and rugs must be inspected by one of our furniture scouts. Upholstery patterns and rugs are preferred in solid, neutral colors, as bold hues and patterns are less desirable.
Please keep the following guidelines in mind when considering one of your belongings for donation or consignment:
- Upholstery and rugs should be clean and free of stains and spots and not faded.
- Rugs must not be too dated, unless true antiques. Sizes up to 10 x 14 feet are accepted, but sizes 9 x 12 feet are preferred.
- Wood pieces should only show minor wear and tear.
- We do not accept glass top dining room or coffee tables.
- Lamps must be functional with shades in good condition.
- Chandeliers must be able to be hung from an "S" hook from the ceiling and have all crystal, light bulbs and other essential parts attached.
- Dishes, china, glassware and table settings must be in settings of eight or more.
- Framed art and wall hangings will be accepted on an individual basis and must include hanging wire or sawtooth hooks. No poster art will be accepted.
- Only silver-plate accessories such as serving forks or spoons will be accepted.
- Sets of glasses or crystal will accepted only in sets of 8 or more with the exception of champagne glasses.
- All crystal objects such as vases, bowls and plates must be identifiable with a stamp or signature of the creator.
- All clocks must be operational with working batteries.
- All items must be able to be priced at $40 or more. Anything under that will be considered a donation.
- Unique items will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- All furniture and home decor items must brought to us in a clean state. Items that are brought in that need to be cleaned by our staff will incur a 10% cleaning fee of the listed price of the item.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
Artificial flowers or plants
Beds, headboards or footboards
Cook or bake ware
Figurines or small fragile objects