Volunteer Executive Director - Glencoe, IL
North Shore Exchange is looking for a very special individual: a volunteer Executive Director who can assume the responsibilities of our Founder and President, also a volunteer, who will be retiring from her position by the end of 2018. The volunteer Executive Director will be charged with managing the operations of our nonprofit retail operation. The Executive Director will report to the NSE Board of Directors, and will also work closely with the Finance and Philanthropy Committees.
This position is well suited for a business professional looking to rejoin the workplace, or perhaps for someone looking for a stepping stone to a future career in business management. Candidates can expect a 40 hour work week, with fluctuating hours, after a training period.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Strategic visioning and planning
- General management of the business and retail operations including oversight of donations/consignments, pricing, inventory, styling
- Management of a dedicated group of paid and volunteer human resources
- Business and financial management and analytics
- Management of marketing, communications, and public relations
The ideal candidate will possess some or all of the following competencies and attributes:
- Experience in business and finance required; experience in retail operations is helpful
- Knowledge of and experience with not-for-profit operations
- High energy, self-motivated individual
- Good communication, interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Computer competency including Word and Excel
This is a rewarding opportunity for someone looking to make a difference and connect with a nonprofit network dedicated to supporting high-need and under-resourced communities.
Interested candidates, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.