Scope and Consent
Collection of Information
Without information about you, we may not be able to provide you with the Services or the support you request. If you do not provide us with such personal information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access our Services or provide goods and Services to us.
Our website and Services are not targeted or directed at children under the age of 13 and do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 13. Users must be 18 to use the Services.
Information We May Collect or Receive from You
Identifiers. We collect personal information of all Users of the NSE website and apps, which includes identifiers such as:
- your name;
- phone number;
- postal address;
- email address;
- Internet Protocol (IP) address.
Internet or other electronic network activity information including:
- browser type;
- your Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- website referring/exit pages;
- platform type;
- date/time stamp;
- other information related to your use of the Site;
- We may receive some personal information about you from third parties such as social media platforms.
- information about your use of NSE Services (including account or transaction related information such as payment information, purchase history, consign history.
Information Received Directly from You
- Opinion polls, surveys, contests, or sweepstakes. If you participate in our opinion polls, surveys, contests, or sweepstakes, we may collect additional personal information about you in connection with your response or entry.
- Government-issued identification. To process certain transactions, we may require certain identification information, for example, a driver’s license.
Information Collected by Cookies and Web Beacons. Like most websites, we use various technologies to collect information when you use our Services, including sending cookies to your device and using web beacons. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in your device memory when you visit a website or view a message. Among other things, cookies support the integrity of our registration process, retain your preferences and account settings, and help evaluate and compile aggregated statistics about user activity. For more information and to learn how to manage and/or block or delete cookies used in the Services, please see “Your Choices” below. We also may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails. We may use web beacons to deliver cookies, track the number of visits to our website, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
We may, depending on the Services provided, also collect information about you from third parties, including third-party verification services, and publicly available sources. By applying or signing up for an account with us, you authorize and consent to our obtaining from, and disclosing to, third parties, from time to time, any information about you in connection with the processing of any credit investigation, identity or account verification, fraud detection, or collection procedure, or as may otherwise be required by applicable law.
Use of Information
We may use information about you to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, and to deliver the information and support you request, including technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
We may use information about you to improve, personalize and facilitate your use of our Services. We also may use information about you to measure, customize, and enhance our Services, including the design, content, and functionality of our applications and websites, or to track and analyze trends and usage in connection with our Services.
We may use information about you to send you news and information, or to conduct surveys and collect feedback, about our Services and to communicate with you about products, services, contests, promotions, discounts, incentives, and rewards offered by us, based on your communication preferences and applicable law. We also may contact you to resolve problems with our Services or your account with us.
We may use information about you:
To protect our rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services;
To enforce the terms of our applicable agreements or policies;
To verify your identity;
To investigate, detect, and prevent fraud, security breaches, and other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
To comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
To remember that you have visited us or used the Services before. This means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive, which allows us to make sure we have enough capacity to accommodate all of our users.
To collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Services (including the length of your web or application session) and the location from which you access the Services, so that we can improve the Services and learn which elements and functions of the Services are most popular with our users.
For any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services.
We may use third-party service providers to, process and store your information in the United States.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you as follows:
With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf (e.g., fraud prevention, identity verification, and fee collection services), as well as financial institutions, payment networks, payment card associations, and other entities in connection with the payment or money transfer process;
With third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services or as otherwise permitted by law;
With other users of our Services with whom you interact through your own use of our Services. For example, we may share information when you make or accept a payment, appointment or money transfer using our Services;
If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary (i) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request (e.g., from tax authorities), (ii) to enforce or comply with other applicable agreements or policies, (iii) to protect our rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services, or (iv) to protect us, users of our Services or the public from harm or potentially prohibited or illegal activities; or
With your consent, we also may share aggregated information with third parties that does not specifically identify you or any individual user of our Services.
You may access, change, or correct information about you by logging into your account with us at any time or by making a request to us using the contact details below, in which case we may need to verify your identity before granting access or otherwise changing or correcting your information.
Deactivating Your Account
If you wish to deactivate your account with us, you may do so by logging into your account or by emailing us using the contact details provided below. We generally retain information about you only as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the Services. However, even after you deactivate your account with us, we may retain archived copies of information about you and any transactions or Services in which you may have participated for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law, or as we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, to prevent fraud, to collect fees owed, to resolve disputes, to address problems with our Services, to assist with investigations, to enforce applicable agreements or policies, or to take any other actions consistent with applicable law.
In order to provide certain mobile applications, we may require location information, so if you do not consent to collection of this information, then you cannot use our corresponding Services. You can stop our collection of location information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, some of our mobile applications will no longer function. You also may stop our collection of location information via mobile application by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
We try to make your experience with the Services simple and meaningful. When you access or use the Services, our web server may send a cookie to your device. Certain cookies we use last only for the duration of your web or application session and expire when you close your browser or exit the application. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to use the Services and, as such, will last longer.
Remember that you have visited us or used the Services before. This means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive, which allows us to make sure we have enough capacity to accommodate all of our users.
Customize elements of the promotional layout and/or content of our website or application.
Collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Services (including the length of your web or application session) and the location from which you access the Services, so that we can improve the Services and learn which elements and functions of the Services are most popular with our users.
Some of the cookies used in the Services are set by us, and others are set by third parties who deliver services on our behalf.
Most web and mobile device browsers are set to automatically accept cookies by default. However, you can change your browser settings to prevent automatic acceptance of cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is set.
You also can learn more about cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies on different types of browsers and mobile devices. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used in the Services, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Services
Do Not Track
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages or by changing your notification settings by logging into your account with us. If you decide to opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as digital receipts and messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. In the event that any information in our possession or under our control is compromised as a result of a security breach, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps in accordance with applicable laws or regulations.
We reserve the right to revise, amend or modify our policies at any time and from time to time. However, our commitment is to maintain sites where your personal information is not sold to third parties.
Defined terms as used herein shall have the same meaning as defined terms in the CCPA.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“personal information”). The CCPA sets forth certain categories of information under Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.140(v)(1) and we have listed all of those categories below. For each category, we have provided information as to whether or not we have collected personal information under those categories within the last twelve (12) months:
We collect personal information of Users of the NSE website and our apps, which fall within the category of Identifiers and which include personal information such as: A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver’s license number, passport number or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information categories listed in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e) (the California Customer Records Statute)
We collect personal information of Users which may include personal information such as: A name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information. Please note that some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories listed herein.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
We may collect personal information such as age range on an aggregated basis.
- Commercial Information
This includes information such as records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. Included in this category is:
- Information we receive from you when you register for the Site in order to use our Services or to act as a Consignor to NSE.
- Information about our Service including:
- information about your use of the NSE website (including account related information such as payment information, purchase history, consign history);
- customer services information; and
- customer relationship management and marketing information.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information including:
- browser type;
- your Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- website referring/exit pages;
- platform type;
- date/time stamp;
- other information related to your use of the Site.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information
We may collect information that may be considered a profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, behavior, or attitudes,
- Sensitive personal information
We may collect the following information, which is considered sensitive personal information according to the CCPA: your account log-in username, driver’s license number, state identification card number, and passport number. We collect these identification details within the context of some transactions.
The above personal information is collected from the following sources:
- Information Received Directly from You
- Social media platforms
THE BUSINESS OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES FOR THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for business or commercial purposes. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter into a written contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except for providing the Services set forth in the contract.
Accordingly, we may use or disclose the following personal information for business or commercial purposes:
- allow you to access and use our Site;
- register users;
- process requests and orders (including membership registration);
- provide technical support;
- store information about your preferences;
- recognize you when you return to our Site;
- enable you to participate in our opinion polls, surveys, contests, or sweepstakes;
- administer our Site;
- ensure the security of our Services and our Site;
- comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us – this may include where we reasonably consider it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others to comply, as well as where we are legally required to do so; and
- establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights – this may include where we reasonably consider it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others, as well as where we are legally required to do so.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARED FOR BUSINESS OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we may have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes:
Category A: Identifiers
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories
Category C: Protected Characteristics Classifications under California or federal law
Category D: Commercial Information
Category E: Internet or other electronic networking activity information
Category F: Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, and behavior
Category G: Sensitive personal information
We disclose your personal information for the business purposes identified above to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or Services we provide to you.
Because we engage in certain advertising and marketing practices, including cross-context behavioral advertising (also known as online or targeted advertising), we may “share” your personal information. Specifically, we may have “shared” categories A, D, and/or E with data analytics providers or other service providers in the last twelve (12) months for the purposes of online or in-person advertising. We do not have actual knowledge that we “sell” or “share” personal information of consumers under 16 years of age.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AND CHOICES
If you are consumer as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), i.e., a resident of California as defined in Section 17014 of Title 18 of the California Code of Regulations, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information under the CCPA. Under the CCPA, you have the following rights:
- Right to Request Information Collected. If we collect personal information about you, you have the right to request that we disclose to you the following upon our receipt of a verifiable consumer request from you:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which the personal information about you is collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- Right to Request Information Collected and Shared for a Business Purpose. If we collect personal information about you that is disclosed for a business purpose, you have the right to request that we disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information that we have collected about you
- The categories of personal information we disclosed about you for a business purpose
- Right Not to Be Discriminated Against. You have the right to not be discriminated against by a business because you exercised any of the consumer's rights under the CCPA, including, but not limited to, by:
- Denying goods or Services to you
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or to you or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
- Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
- We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise our right to free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use your personal information internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Right to Request Access and Data Portability. Upon receipt of a verifiable request from you to access your personal information we shall promptly take steps to disclose and deliver, free of charge to you, the personal information in accordance with Cal. Civil Code §1798.100 (d). The personal information may be delivered by mail or electronically, and if provided electronically, the information shall be in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit this information to another entity without hindrance. We may provide personal information to you, but we are not required to provide personal information to you more than twice in a 12-month period.
- Right to Request Correction of Inaccurate Information. You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information that we maintain about you. Upon receipt of a verifiable request from you to correct your personal information, we shall consider all information that you provide to support your position that certain information is inaccurate or incomplete. We may request additional information if needed to support your request. We may deny your request for a number of reasons, and we must provide you with an explanation of this denial.
- Right to Opt Out of the “Sale” or “Sharing” of Personal Information. You may request that we not “sell” or “share” your personal information. Our Site does not recognize “Do Not Track” signals, however, we may recognize certain types of universal opt-out preference signals, also called Global Privacy Control signals (“GPC signals”). For more information about GPC signals, including how to use these signals, visit: https://globalprivacycontrol.org/.
- Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. We do not use or disclose “sensitive” personal information for purposes other than those specified by the CCPA.
If you are a California resident and you or your authorized agent wish to submit a request to exercise your consumer rights under the CCPA or if you have questions regarding this policy, you may contact us at email@example.com.
ADDITIONAL CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Last updated: February 1, 2024